Anne: I’ve always imagined that my name was Cordelia – at least, I always have of late years. When I was young I used to imagine it was Geraldine, but I like Cordelia better now. But if you call me Anne, please call me Anne spelled with an e.
Marilla: What difference does it make how it’s spelled?
Anne: Oh, it makes such a difference. It looks so much nicer. When you hear a name pronounced can’t you always see it in your mind, just as if it was printed out? I can; and A-N-N looks dreadful, but A-N-N-E looks so much more distinguished. If you’ll only call me Anne spelled with an e I shall try to reconcile myself to not being called Cordelia.
It’s finally Giveaway day! I’m so excited to start celebrating my 30th birthday with all of you!
Turning 30 just got a little easier with your help, so thanks for being here and supporting me!
*Disclaimer: You’ve seen posts before that look like big advertisements and a “sell out”. You should know I’m not getting paid or getting commissions from anything I mention. Everything included in this giveaway is TRULY one of my favorite things and I wouldn’t include anything that wasn’t. Any donated items were out of the generosity of the donor. I want this to be fun!*
Here’s how the giveaway works:
1. The giveaway lasts from October 17th until my birthday on October 31st at midnight.
2. You can choose several ways to enter, using the form below.
3. Every few days, on this page, I will reveal 5 more of the items in the giveaway until all 30 are unveiled! So, be sure to go sign up below using the giveaway form to hear about the fun new items you can win!
4. Winner announced November 5, 2013 and the prize is mailed the following week! Eek!
I give you a HUGE prize option, right off the bat…
I am thrilled Tea Collection was kind enough to give $100 to somebody!
1. $100 Tea Collection Gift Card! (My favorite kids clothes. Softest. Best quality. The have women’s clothes too!)
2. A set of 3 Rifle Paper Company Notebooks (who doesn’t love Rifle?)
3. Tortoise Onion Goggles (I use these pretty much every day. Sadly, I can’t cut an onion without them or I cry…literally)
4. Birch print paper straws (Best straws ever. I can hardly drink anything without one)
5. My own handmade organic lip balm (blood, sweat, and tears went into this, people)
6. A special jar of my own blood orange marmalade made with vanilla and rum! Yum! (Made with the Blue Chair Jam Cookbook)
7. 1 lb. of local Cafe Moto coffee. (My favorite roastery here in town! This one is my fave…I can only drink decaf and they have the BEST!)
8. Roasted garlic salt from The Salt Farm here in San Diego. (Great salt. Great packaging. Found in my fave local store Pigment)
9. A jar of locally made Fleur De Sel Caramel from Praline Patisserie (caramel is on the top of my sweets list!)
10. A set of 6 floral-cut mason jar lids in an adorable cloth bag, along with a sweet set of floral paper straws from my friend, Ana of We Love Citrus. Coupon Code “WELOVEBIRTHDAYS” for everyone to save 20% off anything in Ana’s shop until 10/31.
Friends, you have no idea how excited I am to give away 30 of my favorite things to one of you! Have you ever wanted to get a giant box of amazing gifts in the mail that you didn’t pay for? You can rip open the box and open every item however you want and whenever you want?
Yeah, me too!
That’s why, for my birthday, I thought it would be fun to give that gift to one of you guys! Plus, I’m turning the big 3-0 so I wanted to make it special and fun considering I’m not super excited about heading out of my 20s. Next thing I know it, I’ll be 39 and almost 40! Ok, that’s a bit dramatic, but time has been rushing by whether I like it or not.
Does that potential gift sound ok?
I thought so.
Starting tomorrow…for the next two weeks…until my birthday on October 31st…I will be sharing 30 of my favorite things that I will give away to 1 person!!! So excited!!!
What’s included in this box worth 100’s of dollars!!:
1. Gift Cards to my favorite stores!!
2. My own handmade items!
3. My favorite foods!
5. Vintage items!
6. Great kitchen items!
7. Fun coupon codes from some of my favorite handmade businesses, as well as an amazing clothing store!
And MUCH MUCH more!! (couldn’t resist the dramatic radio commercial sounding end)
Watch out for a post tomorrow about how you can enter and for a very special first item I’m giving away!!
Go to the links below to stay in the loop! Don’t miss out! I’m SOOOOO excited!
I so excited to be in the top 5 for the Handmade Charlotte Family Craft Contest! I don’t normal enter these kinds of things but I have a soft spot for great blogs and wonderful people like its owner, Rachel Faucett. For the contest, each contestant submitted an original project using Rachel’s new stencils which you can find at Joanns and most recently, Michaels! If you remember, I used her party themed stencils in this post for Faith’s birthday! For this map stenciled project, I used the Celestial stencils found here on top of a vintage map!
On our way to Las Vegas this summer and before our stop at Red Rocks, we got to stop at this super fun and well-preserved little town called the Calico Ghost Town. This quaint little place is full of original Gold Rush era buildings, surrounded by well-designed newer buildings which blend in so well.
Another bonus of this little town’s location is the geology of the surrounding area. The rock formations are incredible. My kids always love seeing the mountains that look just like Radiator Springs. It is off Route 66 after-all. You’ll feel like Mater could totally drive by at any second.
One of our favorite buildings was the school-house. Faith had a fun time picturing the way Laura and Mary (from “Little House on the Prairie”) would have gone to school. So interesting that a whole public school class of today wouldn’t fit in the schoolhouse. SO crazy.
The little shops had your typical “Old West” souvenirs like wooden rubber band guns, local rocks and gems, harmonicas, and Route 66 patches. The “Saloon” had lots of fun options, including some very cute bottles of natural cream soda. The food wasn’t bad…for being in the middle of nowhere. However, the restaurants there will never be in Sunset Magazine for “Top 10 food stops on Route 66″. Just sayin’.
I highly recommend this Route 66 stopover! It’s in the middle of nowhere, but where else were you gonna hang out for a bit anyway…the car? A gas station? You won’t regret this little stop. Do it!