Anne: I’ve always imagined that my name was Cordelia – at least, I always have of late years. When I was young I used to imagine it was Geraldine, but I like Cordelia better now. But if you call me Anne, please call me Anne spelled with an e.
Marilla: What difference does it make how it’s spelled?
Anne: Oh, it makes such a difference. It looks so much nicer. When you hear a name pronounced can’t you always see it in your mind, just as if it was printed out? I can; and A-N-N looks dreadful, but A-N-N-E looks so much more distinguished. If you’ll only call me Anne spelled with an e I shall try to reconcile myself to not being called Cordelia.
It’s finally Giveaway day! I’m so excited to start celebrating my 30th birthday with all of you!
Turning 30 just got a little easier with your help, so thanks for being here and supporting me!
*Disclaimer: You’ve seen posts before that look like big advertisements and a “sell out”. You should know I’m not getting paid or getting commissions from anything I mention. Everything included in this giveaway is TRULY one of my favorite things and I wouldn’t include anything that wasn’t. Any donated items were out of the generosity of the donor. I want this to be fun!*
Here’s how the giveaway works:
1. The giveaway lasts from October 17th until my birthday on October 31st at midnight.
2. You can choose several ways to enter, using the form below.
3. Every few days, on this page, I will reveal 5 more of the items in the giveaway until all 30 are unveiled! So, be sure to go sign up below using the giveaway form to hear about the fun new items you can win!
4. Winner announced November 5, 2013 and the prize is mailed the following week! Eek!
I give you a HUGE prize option, right off the bat…
I am thrilled Tea Collection was kind enough to give $100 to somebody!
1. $100 Tea Collection Gift Card! (My favorite kids clothes. Softest. Best quality. The have women’s clothes too!)
2. A set of 3 Rifle Paper Company Notebooks (who doesn’t love Rifle?)
3. Tortoise Onion Goggles (I use these pretty much every day. Sadly, I can’t cut an onion without them or I cry…literally)
4. Birch print paper straws (Best straws ever. I can hardly drink anything without one)
5. My own handmade organic lip balm (blood, sweat, and tears went into this, people)
6. A special jar of my own blood orange marmalade made with vanilla and rum! Yum! (Made with the Blue Chair Jam Cookbook)
7. 1 lb. of local Cafe Moto coffee. (My favorite roastery here in town! This one is my fave…I can only drink decaf and they have the BEST!)
8. Roasted garlic salt from The Salt Farm here in San Diego. (Great salt. Great packaging. Found in my fave local store Pigment)
9. A jar of locally made Fleur De Sel Caramel from Praline Patisserie (caramel is on the top of my sweets list!)
10. A set of 6 floral-cut mason jar lids in an adorable cloth bag, along with a sweet set of floral paper straws from my friend, Ana of We Love Citrus. Coupon Code “WELOVEBIRTHDAYS” for everyone to save 20% off anything in Ana’s shop until 10/31.
I so excited to be in the top 5 for the Handmade Charlotte Family Craft Contest! I don’t normal enter these kinds of things but I have a soft spot for great blogs and wonderful people like its owner, Rachel Faucett. For the contest, each contestant submitted an original project using Rachel’s new stencils which you can find at Joanns and most recently, Michaels! If you remember, I used her party themed stencils in this post for Faith’s birthday! For this map stenciled project, I used the Celestial stencils found here on top of a vintage map!
I’m so thrilled that Becky of LimeLife Photography offered to take new headshots of me! I would never have sought someone out to do this because I don’t, by nature, take a lot of pictures of myself. However, recently, I’ve been asked to do a lot of interviews for different blogs and companies so I really do need to have some more recent photos. Becky did a great job working with this girl who’s more comfortable behind the camera! ;)
LimeLife Photography is an amazing husband and wife duo based here in San Diego. They are adorable, funny, and know how to do their job right. Be sure to check out a sampling of their work here. The holidays are approaching, so if you are in need of a great Christmas card photographer, call them! I’ve also seen them travel into the LA area for weddings and special events!
Just thought I’d share some things I’ve been enjoying lately (some you probably saw on Instagram, if not find them here) and also some things I’d like to try…
I was pleased to hang out with some wonderful ladies at the Creative Connection Event here in San Diego, hosted by Jessica and Marissa at Isari Flower Studio. Connect here to get updates for these fab events in your area.
More recently, I was able to watch a summer entertaining demo by the fabulous duo, Valley & Co. (easy summer drink from them here) at West Elm. I picked up a fabulous juicer, which I already used to make strawberry lemonade this last weekend. Yum. I also got to see the ladies of Flamingo Toes and We Love Citrus. Nice to see you guys!
Loving these hoops for sale in Megan‘s shop here. Love them. Totally my style. Check out her whole fabulous shop while you’re there. If I had a shop (soon!), it would looks like hers. Lovely job, Megan :)
This post by Ruth really resonates with me and has been on my mind A LOT. I’ve lost friends to the black hole that social media is. Hint: relationships are meant to include ACTUAL people, as much as I really love my online friends. Don’t forget about your LIVE friends :).
For San Diegans’: Tried Banker’s Hill Restaurant and Bar this week. The deviled eggs were INCREDIBLE, as was the goat cheese and spiced strawberry bruschetta. Michelle, at the bar, can make a good cocktail. She made me a lovely drink with a blend of whiskey and vanilla flavors. So good.
Foot pain? Blister easily? I am thrilled to have a possible solution to my foot/nerve pain with this new Dr Scholl’s high heel product! I get to be a product tester with this one for BzzAgent (been with them for like 7 years!) :)